Thursday, October 20, 2005

no classes yet

I came here on monday thinking I'll have a presentation to attend on Monday and 2 classes on Tuesday. It's past Wednesday and I HAVE NOT HAD ANY CLASSES SO FAR!! It makes me so mad. I have had absolutely nothing to do. I could have stayed at home. They 'rescheduled' the classes at the last minute. That is probably admin speak for "the profs overslept and couldn't be bothered to come to class". At 2pm. Gah!

Gah! seems like a very European thing to say. I don't know why I think that. Maybe because Poirot was the person I heard/read saying it. And nobody is more European than Poirot. Maybe Rupert Everett but he is more Ernest than anything else. (If you didn't get that, go read Oscar Wilde). If you write an entire sentence within brackets, does the period come within the closing bracket or outside it? Was the previous sentence right or should it have been ".. or without?" ?

These past 3 days have been very fulfilling in a very "I'm so jobless" kinda way. I have slept an average of 10 hours a day and have seen 2 movies a day. On Monday I saw The Family Guy and Boondock Saints (both 4 on a scale of 0(ugh) to 5(brilliant)); on Tuesday, I saw Dog soldiers (0) and 25 Hours (3.75) and on wednesday, The Breakfast Club (2.9) and A Clockwork Orange (sometimes -100 and sometimes 3) and I have just one thing to say - Stanley Kubrik is one twisted, creepy and maybe brilliant SOB. I also read some 4 magazines, 2 comics, 1 novel and 1 biography. All in all, a good time was had. Like a mini holiday after a long vacation. Not that I had a very long vacation, but still... Even then, it makes my blood boil to think that I could have had 3 more days at home if they had told us earlier that they were going to reschedule. Damn admin jerks!

Anyway, I have 2 submissions coming up in the next two days, so maybe now I'll go and do something productive. Maybe.

9 comments:

  1. did you ever read 5 find-outers (and dog)? goon says 'Gah' all the time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fredrick Algernon Trotteville was my favorite character and Blyton is my favorite author. DO NOT DISS THEM IN MY PRESENCE.

    Yeah, Goon says gah! but Poirot is way cooler.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ala... you're probly just jealous. Fatty was the best of blyton's characters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fatty reminds me of Jupiter Jones of The Three Investigators. They were both fat and the brains of the group

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey check out my latest post

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have to get the bloody newsletter and decorations done. i have 12 hours. im working 4 of them. its night and i need sleep. but im doomed anyway.
    wtf am i to do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ditch it and go for a movie. that's what i do when i have lots of work to do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey i'm bored. put up one of ur humourous episodes with mankind

    ReplyDelete
  9. mankind aint being very humorous these days.

    ReplyDelete